We are London Living Streets, volunteers from all boroughs of London, campaigning to transform our streets and public places to create a city that enables and inspires people to walk. We want a city that is open to everyone — not just car users — to enjoy.
Latest News and Articles
- Al fresco streets in London – how they are working in WandsworthDownload this blog as a pdf here Here is something you may have seen, but never heard of – al fresco streets! And you won’t have heard of them because the term has only just been invented by some enterprising officers at Wandsworth Council. In fact, this Council may be in the forefront of a …
- Impact of 2020 Low Traffic Neighbourhoods in London – initial traffic counts now in from 4 London boroughs.It has now been just over a year since the first Low Traffic Neighbourhoods were introduced in London in response to the first lockdown and initial monitoring results are in from 4 of the London boroughs that introduced them at that time – Islington, Hackney, Lambeth and Southwark. We thought that it might be helpful …
- Online Event: Monday 26th April – Walking @ Tea-Time with Mário Alves and John CroskAs we emerge from the pandemic, we hope our high streets will return to being bustling places. But beneath the bustle an intense competition is taking place for access and space: walking, shopping, eating and drinking, parking, loading, sitting etc. We’re deliberately seeking two distinct perspectives on this issue in order to illuminate the challenges and opportunities for co-operation.
- Online Event – London Mayoral Environment Debate – New Date: Wednesday April 21st at 7.00 pmYour chance to quiz the London mayoral candidates on environmental matters. Our Friends at CPRE have organised an online debate for Mayoral candidates to forward their policies on nature, climate and our streets to London’s voters. If you want to cut air pollution, transform our streets, make walking easier, improve road crossings and end pedestrian deaths and injuries this is your chance to ask the next Mayor for them. It is being organised as part of the More Natural Capital campaign we have been working on as part of a coalition of environmental groups.
- Online Event – Walking and cycling to and from railway stations – New date: Wednesday 16 June 2021 – 18:00 to 19:30This free event hosted by Urban Design Group and London Living Streets looks at best practice in providing inclusive access to railway stations, aiming to provide passengers travelling on foot, by bicycle or bus, safe, comfortable, attractive and direct routes, that will help to make railway use a first choice over the use of a car.